Friday, July 16, 2010

Summer Time...

I can't believe the summer is halfway through! We seem to be busier than normal this summer, and I'm not sure if it's because we have little people running around and keeping us busy- or if we actually are involved in more things. Jeff and I did participate in the Dave Ramsey "Financial Peace University" which we both found to be very interesting and helpful. For me it has really put into perspective my buying habits and made me more aware of what we do and don't need. Some people came to the class and cut up their creditcards the second week!! I wasn't and am still not at that point, although I have mainly stopped using them- I still want to have one or two for discounts at stores (gotta love Kohl's and Gap!). So that was a 13 week commitment from April-June taking up our Wednesday nights.

Jeff decided to join some summer leagues- he is in kick ball on Sunday nights, and volleyball on Tuesday nights. He found these leagues through ads on Craigslist (which he is the guru of by the way!) and has ended up having a really good time and meeting new people. I myself am impressed as I would likely NEVER do this, and was semi surprised that he did it. He also enjoys going to Howard Pulley basketball games any free evening he can with friends.

As for me, I have been sucked into the Twilight series books and am hooked! I am almost done with the second book and plan to have a movie watching marathon sometime soon to watch the first 2 movies. I was in a book club for about a year and a half, and took a break from that when I started my new job in February as I just felt like I had too much going on, and my 9 hour days and 1 1/2 hour commute didn't afford me much time with the people I love. But, as things have gotten into a routine, and I am working just 8 hour days, I may join back in come Fall (once I'm done reading my guilty pleasures!).

We enjoy nights all together as a family- going for walks with the dogs, grilling, playing in the backyard, and sometimes attempting dinner out of the house.

We spent the 4th of July in Baxter with Jeff's family which is always a good time. The boys went to the fireworks and sort of wore their ear protectors for most of the show- although Kellan only made it for the first 3 minutes of fireworks and Kiefer about 10 minutes prior to falling asleep. Nothing like earth shaking boom's to lull one to sleep! They also LOVED the lake and had a blast with their cousins at the beach. It is very evident that they love anything having to do with water. Swimming lessons and life jackets are on the list of "things to do"!

1 comment:

  1. Loved the updates! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever. We have a lot of similiarities in our life lately... Dave Ramsey, kickball, Twilight, BBQ-ing - good stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete